Monday, October 5, 2015

WHAT IS MOTION DESIGN?

During our second semester in my contemporary media class, we will be learning about Motion Design and 2D animation. I have been asked to define motion design both literal and to my understanding. 

Motion Design is described by wikipedia as:
Motion Graphic Design is a subset of graphic design in that it uses graphic design principles in a filmmaking or video production context (or other temporally evolving visual medium) through the use of animation or filmic techniques.

Motion Design defined by me is: 
Any animation and design that is created to progress as a moving image that tells a story or relays an idea or concept.

There are several types of 2D animation a list of 2D motion design types are:

  • 2D animated short films 
  • cell phone apps 
  • advertisements/ promotional video
  • movie trailer 
  • game intro/ trailer 
  • 2D cartoon 
  • white board animation 
  • animated infographic 



Now that i better understand what 2D motion design is, i am ready to get started on designing my own creations and using motion design in my work. Knowing how to use this will better my standing in the working world as a graphic designer. 



Here are a few examples that i found on Vimeo:











Here are some examples of 2D motion design: 






REFERENCES: 

No comments:

Post a Comment